Sydney Access Consultants™ is pleased to announce the opening of a new branch, expanding their services to Brisbane, Queensland. Ranjith Liyana Arachchi, a registered architect in Queensland and qualified access consultant, is partnering with this Hurstville based head office. An architect with international and local experience in design and construction, and since 2015 Ranjith has worked in access consultancy. Prior to this, Ranjith worked as a senior architect with the Department of Public Works QLD, his clients including Disability Services, Queensland Department of Education and Department of Housing.
Ranjith brings considerable professional and practical experience to access consultancy. In this capacity he is well positioned to foresee the design implications of access issues, assisting clients to achieve their initial design concepts, while honouring the intent of the Disability Discrimination Act and applying associated disability legislation. Ranjith promotes creative access solutions that utilise innovative technology to mould an accessible and inclusive built environment.
Ranjith Liyana Arachchi of Sydney Access Consultants™ can assist you to achieve elegant performance solutions that are cost effective and practical, ensuring dignified and equitable access to your premises for people of all abilities. Ranjith firmly believes that good access is compatible with good design.
Brisbane Branch of Sydney Access Consultants™ offers the following services:
- Site audits to address current access issues and limit liability under the Disability Discrimination Act 1992 (DDA);
- Access Design Audits for proposed developments to advise on compliance with access provisions of the BCA, Australian Standards and Access to Premises Standards;
- Issuing of Design and project compliance statements;
- Home Modification advice to assist people with frailty or disability to remain living at home;
- Performance solutions for existing access issues.
Sydney Access Consultants™, a registered NDIS service provider, is an access consultancy offering a wealth of collective experience. Consisting of architects who specialise in access consulting, all members support each other in a joint commitment to promote fair and equitable access for everyone in the community.